The Scholar has assembled select essays and letters in response to the news that the U.S. formally concluded its mission in Iraq today. As always, enjoy.
Point and Shoot by Andy Grundberg. As the Chair of Photography at Corcoran, Mr. Grundberg weighed in on the Abu Ghraib images and their impact on photography.
The Sack of Baghdad by Susannah Rutherglen. An essay on the plunder of the Iraqi National Museum in April 2003 and the beginnings of cultural strife.
Amman: The War Next Door by Ingrid McDonald. A letter exposing the trials of Iraqi refugees living in Jordan as a result of the War.
(Photo via The New York Times)
22 Notes/ Hide
- nyc-serenade reblogged this from annatorvv
- shadowofthewhitewolf reblogged this from daringtomotivate
- annatorvv reblogged this from z-iva
- daringtomotivate reblogged this from z-iva
- annatorvv likes this
- z-iva reblogged this from kensiblye
- bitemelikeabullet reblogged this from kensiblye
- kensiblye reblogged this from theamericanscholar and added:
- immigrantstories reblogged this from theamericanscholar
- theamericanscholar likes this
- plocool reblogged this from theamericanscholar
- plocool likes this
- theamericanscholar posted this